Re: Problem with Simple.Connect

2009/10/13 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 10:00 +0200, Pablo Martí Gamboa wrote:

> The puzzling thing is that the very first time it will connect no
> problem, it is the second and third attempts that fail. Nothing in the
> wader log indicates that there's been a problem (the log trace of a
> successful and unsuccessful attempts are exactly similar). So perhaps
> there is a problem with that ppp timeout?
>

> Is not like Simple.Connect is complicated right, it is basically the
> old connect beefed up. And the old connect reliability was way better
> (i.e. several connection attempts in a row no problem)
>

> Is there anything else I can do to help you figure out this one?

I'd hazard a guess that we're not disconnecting or hanging up the
previous connection correctly somewhere.  Disable implies disconnect of
course, so any Enable(False) handler should also be ensuring clean
disconnection.

Can you run NM with:

NM_PPP_DEBUG=1 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon

and lets see what comes out?  That will provide the PPP spew which could
help us get closer.

Attached you can find success1.log and error2.log, the first attempt succeed and the second failed.

I've tried with:
 * plain '+++ATH\r'
 * lower & raise DTR
 * lower & raise DTR + 'ATH\r'