Re: NM PPP support.

More info:
I have an ethernet card and NM can find it. I have a modem(ISP provide). I connect the modem through wired lan cable.

Thanks!

2009/10/14 tommy.hong <hongjiujing 126 com>
hi,sir!
my understanding is that ppp connection is a virtual net connect ,so hal didn't know him!

I guesss nm0.7.0 also depend hal ,but 0.7.1 not depend but udev!

在2009-10-14 14:20:55,"代尔欣" <daiex thunderst com> 写道:

Hi all,
   I want to use NM connect to a DSL network(Have username and password). It seems NM need depend on some module to work. I need some help to make NM work correct:
1. Kernel have to support PPP?
  I compile my own kernel. The version is 2.6.29. If need kernel support, which configuration I need set.

2. Also need pppd package? Which version I need use? I use NM0.7.0
  From http://ppp.samba.org/ftp/ppp/ website, the newest version is 2.4.4 upload on 2006. Too old? Is it official site of PPP?

3. Does NM has ability detect the PPP protocol?
  When click on the "Auto ethernet", the "username&password" dialog can pop up automatically? That's mean I do not need create a DSL connection using nm-connection-editor manually.

I am not familiar with ppp. Hope you can help me.

Thank in advance!

看陆川杨幂新片《琴棋书画》,品网易3D国韵网游《天下贰》