Re: Huawei E156G connection issue

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 11:06:10PM +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> I'm on Fedora 11 (NetworkManager-0.7.1-8.git20090708.fc11.x86_64) and
> I'm experiencing an issue with my USB dongle in that after it connect
> correctly I can't browse any site.
> I tried to connect using the same account with my Nokia phone and
> everything works correctly.
>
> Comparing the relevant sections of the kernel logs (see below) it
> seems the connection with the USB dongle lacks proper DNS records.
>
> If this worth filing in bugzilla?

Its known that there are bugs in ppp surrouding dns results. I think
in NM 0.8 we now fall back to a generic DNS that should always work if
there is no DNS found and none configured.

For 0.7.1 I would suggest that you if you know your provider details,
just edit your connection and manually set DNS manually.

 - Alexander