Re: Strange problem with MF627 and NetworkManager

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 21:21 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 21:23 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 20:24 +0100, Rick Jones wrote:
> [ snip ]
>
> I've just had massive problems trying to get onto the internet over the
> last few days. I have discovered tonight that if I explicitly unload the
> modules before trying to connect, it only takes a couple of tries to
> connect again, and it doesn't look like it's the profiles that's the
> problem at all.
>
> Any ideas? I can supply further details if needed.

NM 0.7.2 incorporates Rick's fixes for ZTE devices and should help the
discovery situation immensely.  I think there may be a few open
questions but at least it should be discovered easily.  NM 0.7.2 is
getting ready for release but isn't out there yet.  Rick's the expert
here so hopefully he can help figure out whether the problem will be
fixed by NM 0.7.2 or not.

Just to clarify, are all your problems happening when connecting, or is
the modem often not even found by NM?