Re: Strange problem with MF627 and NetworkManager

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 14:37 -0700, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Any ideas? I can supply further details if needed.
>
> NM 0.7.2 incorporates Rick's fixes for ZTE devices and should help the
> discovery situation immensely.  I think there may be a few open
> questions but at least it should be discovered easily.  NM 0.7.2 is
> getting ready for release but isn't out there yet.  Rick's the expert
> here so hopefully he can help figure out whether the problem will be
> fixed by NM 0.7.2 or not.
>
> Just to clarify, are all your problems happening when connecting, or
> is the modem often not even found by NM?

I think it's more to do with leaving option and usbserial modules loaded
when the modem is unplugged. I've found that if I explicitly unload
these two modules before plugging the modem into the USB port, Network
Manager doesn't take so many re-tries to connect, this morning it only
took two tries to connect!
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

One very high maintenance cat living here.