Re: Mobile Broadband with Nokia N82 FAIL

On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 00:10 +0100, Jonathan Pritchard wrote:

> I only just discovered this feature but with my girlfriend's Nokia N85,
> so naturally, I tested it out with my Nokia N82 using Fedora 11 and
> unfortunately this does not work for me. The Mobile Broadband section
> does not appear in the NM-applet menu.
>
> I read about adding the device id to the '10-modem.fdi' file
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/262566)
> however when searching it for 'N82' the fix reported on that link
> already appears to be upstream.

NetworkManager probes the devices because the HAL file is not flexible
enough (since it's usb-based, and some vendors use the same USB id for
both CDMA and GSM devices, and firmware changes often switch around the
ports that actualyl respond to AT commands).

So instead, NM probes the devices.  It seems that your Nokia is not
being properly probed.  What mode are you placing the phone in when you
connect it via USB?  I believe the correct mode is "PC Suite".