suspend/deactivate devices in modem manager

Hi Dan
Hi Ingo

I'm looking for a way to disable particular devices in modem manager.
I.e.
(a) my application wants to handle a huwei device by it's own,
(b) without interupting the user for the configuration by the nm applet, which means my app provides settings for it

As far I can see the device support is compiled into the mm as plugins? Is there
a external, configuration (xml) file, which declares that product id + vendor id belongs to a certain plugin.

best regards
Mark