Re: load balancing with 2 network connections?

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 17:42 +0000, Przemek Kulczycki wrote:
> Hi guys.
> I have 2 wifi cards and 2 wifi networks available.
> Is it possible to set up a load balancing configuration in network
> manager which will use both networks?

Not with NetworkManager specifically.  You're talking about bonding,
which we intend to support in a future version of NM.

In any case, even without NM, you probably won't be able to bond two
wifi devices together at all.  Due to the way wifi works, the AP would
become horribly confused when both wifi adapters try to associate with
the same MAC address.  It's also unlikely to work if you force the wifi
cards to connect to different APs since they have the same MAC address.

> Ie. I would like to download updates with apt on the 1st connection,
> and Ubuntu ISO on the 2nd one.

You can bond a wifi and a wired together, but it's unlikely that you can
bond two wifi cards together even without NM.