Re: bug or "feature" ??

Dan Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 16:54 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
I notice that if I stop the NetworkManager service:
    /etc/init.d/NetworkManager stop
that the interfaces started by NetworkManager are not always stopped.

Note: this is a F12 qemu-kvm guest with multiple (two) NICs defined.

Bug or "feature"??

Feature.  It allows you to do 'service NetworkManager restart' and have
the connection survive.  This is implemented for wired static and DHCP
interfaces only and was requested quite a few times by people who run
headless servers where you may need to update NM on-the-fly and not be
kicked out when doing so.  It's also necessary for NM to seamlessly take
over a connection from the initrd where the rootfs is network mounted.