Re: Trouble waking from sleep

Hi,

I am seeing a similar behavior with NM (or dbus) in general, regardless of the
type of network being used:

Under Ubuntu 8.10:

In the file:
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/10NetworkManager

a signal is sent to NM via dbus when the PC wants to go to sleep. I can see,
that this signal is properly delivered to NM, when going to suspend.

However, when coming back from suspend, although the
log in /var/log/pm-suspend.log clearly shows that the 10NM... script was
executed properly no "wake" signal is delivered to NM via dbus (at least not
always).

This is strange, because one would assume that after comming back from suspend
dbus is up and operational immediately; here in this case it looks that the
dbus-send in 10NM... is not always going through to NM in the case of resume.

I belive in these cases when NM is not waking up properly it is necessary to
debug signal delivery to NM from the 10NetworkManager script via dbus-send.

Does NM provide some log where we can see the delivery of "sleep" and "wake"
(or Sleep(s) with new API) as debug output from NM? That would come in handy.

thanks

Chris

http://www.acurana.de/