Problem with VPNs

I am having an issue with not being able to dependable connect to VPNs.

 I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with network-manager-gnome Version: 0.7~~svn20081020t000444-0ubuntu1.

I have to create the connection and reboot the system to see if it works. Without a reboot a new connection never works. If the connection does not work after reboot, that connection never works.

I know the VPN is good because other machines can successfully connect.

Because some connections do work successfully, I know that the software and hardware support VPN connections, just cannot resolve why they are so flaky.

Roger Quarles

rquarles netsolinc com