Re: NM before login?

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 11:40 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there a way of establishing (and keeping)
> a WiFi connection with NetworkManager
> before logging in?
> I've read postings saying it is possible,
> and others saying it is not.
>
> If it is possible,
> what are the steps one must take to implement this?
> (I'm running Fedora-10 with KDE.)

This is provided by the nm-system-settings service.  You'll want to grab
the NM from F-10 updates-testing:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2009-3686

and after a reboot, you should be able to use the connection editor to
mark your wifi connections as "Available to all users", which means they
will be available before login.

dan