Re: pessimistic NetworkManager and off-line mode

Alexander Sack a écrit :

> NetworkManager will report online/offline state accurately for
> connections that are managed by NM.

"accurately", except for private networks, firewalls, etc. Which is
probably OK.

> However, if NM is running and you
> still do your own connection stuff outside of NM it will not know that
> you are online and suggest that you are offline.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think one of problems lies in "suggest", which actually sounds more
like "affirm".

How hard would it be for NM to detect there are some non-managed
interfaces? That does not seem like a lot to ask. Especially not hard
in the "NM_CONTROLLED=no" case.

Cheers,

Marc