Re: Default-Routing problems

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 15:21 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 17:54 +0000, Colin Coombs wrote:
> > ... the default route is reset from the GSM to the Ethernet,
> > even though the wired intranet does not have any internet access.
>
> NM 0.7.1 fixes your problem; simply check the "Use this connection only
> for resources on its network" box in the Routes dialog (see the
> Routes... button in that connection's IP4 page), and NM will no longer
> assign the default route to that connection.

Yes! I tried this with a WiFi connection to my local intranet and it
works just as I wanted. Problem solved.

But now I have another problem: the wired-Ethernet connection is somehow
marked as read-only (display is greyed-out) so I cannot get to the
Routes dialog at all!

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? I found some mentions of
similar problems on Google, but no answers.

Also, since the upgrade to the version 0.7.0.99 from Fedora, I have to
remove and replace my GSM dongle several times after any reboot before
NetworkManager succeeds in connecting to the GSM network. When it fails,
there are messages about modem init timeouts in the system log.

Also, there are sometimes two entries for 3G connections in the applet
menu and sometimes just one. The two entries seem to be associated with
ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 (in a random order).