Re: /etc/hosts behavior

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 15:10 -0400, Philip A. Culver wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am seeing behavior in some situations where the /etc/hosts file get
> updated with
>

> 127.0.0.1   myhostname localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> Realip        myhostname
>

> Notice myhostname is now linked to the loopback address.

Looking into this; though most of the examples out there say really odd
and not relevant stuff like "if using static IP use realip+hostname,
otherwise if DHCP use 127.0.0.1+hostname", which is, well, wrong.

If this does need to be changed, I think I'd with a fix where, when
connected to something, NM always wrote out realip+hostname, and when
disconnected, used 127.0.0.1+hostname.

Dan