Re: Default-Routing problems

--On Sunday, March 15, 2009 14:57:57 -0400 John Mahoney <jmahoney waav com> wrote:

> I like this idea.  It definitely would be helpful for ethernet and wifi devices where the user only wants to connect to the lan and not have a default route set.  It may have relevance to a GSM or CDMA connection(PPP connections in general) if the user is only using that connection to run a vpn over, but I am not sure.

This would also be useful on VPN connections. Currently when NM establishes a VPN connection it makes it the default route. Sometimes this is appropriate, sometimes not. When I use a VPN (e.g. over 3G) I normally want the default route to remain the public 3G network, not route everything via the VPN server.

The proposed 'local' flag would also solve this problem (provided it were available on VPN connections). If implemented I think it should be offered on all connection types - if you assume no-one has a need on, say, WiFi, pretty soon you'll find someone who does!

--
Rick Jones