Supporting new Sierra CDMA modems.

Hi,

I am an employee of Sierra wireless USA. I was testing network manager
on Ubuntu 8.10. I found that all Sierra  CDMA modems worked well with
network manager except our two new products which were not detected by
Network Manager. On investigating further I discovered its just matter
of adding the Vendor ID and Product ID of our new devices to the file
"10-modem.fdi"  under the directory
"/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/". Once I edit this file
and add the VID/PID's the Network Manager detects the devices and
connects to CDMA network. I wanted to know the procedure to officially
add the VID/PID's of new Sierra device to 10-modem.fdi file, so that I
do not have to edit it manually.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chetan