Re: nm_dhcp_manager_handle_event() isn't called on ubuntu7.01

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 22:09 +0800, 代尔欣 wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>    The NetworkManger-0.7.0 official release, on ubuntu7.01, the signal
> "Event" can't be sent successfully and nm_dhcp_manager_handle_event()
> isn't called. Then dhcp timeout. But the NetworkManager-0.7.0 r3202
> works fine. Please give suggetsion debug this.
> the log:

Run "dbus-monitor --system".  Do you see the "Event" signal emitted when
the DHCP lease is bound?

This seems like a D-Bus permissions problem; the "official" release's
D-Bus permission files won't work out-of-the-box on Debian-based
distributions because Debian/Ubuntu use a different mechanism to
restrict permissions that other distros like Fedora and SUSE do.  The
best thing there is to copy the dbus permission files from the Ubuntu
8.10 packages and use those instead.

(mbiebl/asac: can we finally get those upstream so stuff has a chance of
working out of the box?)