Re: Where and how to install D02HW in ConnectionManager?

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 16:33 +0900, Jacobs Shannon wrote:
> Okay, here's the scoop. With the information contained in the
> previously cited URL, I was able to make ConnectionManager work.
> Again:
>
> > http://d.hatena.ne.jp/munetoh/20081121
>
> I'll be continuing with the next phase of my testing after I move
> the machine to the other network, but I want to try to describe what
> I did to get it working, and ask what I am supposed to do now to
> help propagate the solution to other people who may be having the
> same problem. (Also, I hope this comment will document things when
> the next normal update zaps part of my current solution.)
>
> First, I modified the 10-model.fdi file with the IS-707-A. I did
> this manually with gedit, and in a later iteration I commented out
> the two previously existing command sets for this device.

Interesting, so it's actually a CDMA part.  0.7.1 should handle this a
lot better because it probes the card instead of using the (often
incorrect) static mappings in 10-modem.fdi.

> Back in ConnectionManager, I was trying to use a modified version of
> the old Mobile Broadband connection that I had created earlier, but
> this didn't seem to work. Instead, I started messing around with a
> new CDMA entry that had appeared. I gave it the dialing string
> *99***1# and em as the user name. Somewhere around here it was
> bouncing me around in the Gnome keyring manager, which I thought I
> had disabled, but I used em as the password, and it bought that on
> the second or third pass.

Try #777 as the number instead; that's the normal CDMA dialup number.