Re: Patch to support drivers compiled into the kernel

Dan Williams wrote:
> So how do these virtual devices present themselves?  They've got to have
> *some* piece of code in the kernel that knows how to talk to them, and
> that piece of code is a driver.  That driver needs to get exposed
> somehow through HAL in info.linux.driver, no?
>
> Dan

The coLinux kernel developers must agree with you.  I started to look at
the code for the development version of coLinux, and I see there they
have rewritten the device code and pulled out a dummy PCI bus for hal to
find.   Which means for coLinux 0.8.0 my patch isn't needed at all.  It
is only needed for older version of the code.

Unfortunately, coLinux 0.8.0 is still in development.  When so I can't
build the Fedora images with that, and expect users to use it.
However, since I know that is the way coLinux is changing, it makes more
sense for me to put a patch for NetworkManager into a custom rpm and
anaconda builds, than to try and push a patch up-stream.

Bill