Re: Patch to support drivers compiled into the kernel

Hmm.  2.6.22 is not very old.   It is the most recent "stable" coLinux
version.  I certainly hope we don't decide this is a driver problem...,
as that will be much more of a pain to try and get fixed.
I wouldn't expect to find to find a virtual driver using the PCI bus.
In fact, since Windows has control of the PCI bus, I would not be
surprised if there are no PCI bus drivers for coLinux.

[root localhost ~]# ls -la /sys/bus/pci/drivers
ls: cannot access /sys/bus/pci/drivers: No such file or directory
[root localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.22.18-co-0.7.3 #1 PREEMPT Sat May 24
22:27:30 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

As near as I can tell NetworkManager never actually uses the driver
information, except in print statements.  So setting a value like
"<unknown>" or "<kernel>" is probably better than ignoring the network
device.

But then again, I haven't looked at the 0.7.1 code.  Maybe it is more
important to know the correct driver in the newer branch of the code?

Note: I've also seen this same symptoms qemu, but only with some
configurations.  I don't have that environment setup right now to see if
this same solution works.

Bill