Re: Network manager vpnc changing the Script

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 16:53 +0530, Syed Mushtaq wrote:
> Hi
> I have a vpn connection which requires Auth mode as hybrid and a
> certificate file . so I had to compile vpnc
> with ssl support . Now vpnc on command line works fine but vpnc using
> the network manager
> failed so I edited the code to add a new config  options that were
> missing from the orignal one

NetworkManager-vpnc does not currently implement hybrid auth mode,
because it's not legal to combine vpnc and openssl.  Since hybrid auth
is a build-time option and not a runtime option either, we can't
reliably autodetect whether hybrid auth is being used.

In any case, I ported the hybrid auth code to gnutls (which doesn't have
the licensing problems that openssl does) last month and haven't quite
had time to follow up and fix some of the reported bugs, but when that
happens, we can just allow hybrid auth mode unconditionally.

Dan