NM CLI

Is there anyone going forward with this?

It would be useful for non-X or non-KDE/GNOME setups.  And if people do think it's worth doing (I do) then what is the best path?

1) Split nm-applet into nm-client-lib (backend - with dbus calls) and gnome based nm-applet, then create an nm-cli.
 - I like this option the most because this should re-use a lot of code (libnm_* for example).

2) Or something I haven't thought of.

I've seen a couple partial implementations of a NM cli, but they all use python (often poorly), and I think that's unnecessary.  Hopefully I'm late to the party and something is already being done about this.

Thanks.

-Bryan