Network manager vpnc changing the Script

Hi
I have a vpn connection which requires Auth mode as hybrid and a certificate file . so I had to compile vpnc
with ssl support . Now vpnc on command line works fine but vpnc using the network manager
failed so I edited the code to add a new config  options that were missing from the orignal one

ie

CA-file
Authmode

I edited in the function nm_vpnc_config_write() of file nm-vpnc-service.c and added these options . vpn connect through network manager still failed
even though vpnc  __was working__  on the command line . I figured out that a config option call "Script" was causing
the problem . By default the Script is /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script , Network manager replaced that with its own
helper script . I changed it to /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script . Now vpnc was connecting(through network manager) but I could not find a way
to notify network manager about it hence it would timeout and say that vpn connection failed . Is there any way
that i can use the default script and tell network manager to not manage the connections .

Cheers
-Syed