Re: Error: package requirements (gudev-1.0) were not met

Am Freitag, den 26.06.2009, 02:17 +0400 schrieb Alex Williams:
> > You could try to build the udev and gudev packages currently available
> > in karmic and see if you run into issues when using that in
> > jaunty. Let me know if this works or if you run into issues.
>
> I had installed Ubuntu 9.10 into VirtualBox OSE - everything
> configuring and compiling fine! =)
> How to replace NM from distro to my modified version? "sudo aptitude
> purge network-manager" and then "make install"?

I did not check the following commands, but you could download the
source package with `apt-get source`, then patch the source, adjust the
changelog entry with `dch -l …` (or set it with `dch -v …` to something
that is greater) and finally build it with `dpkg-buildpackage` and
install it with `dpkg -i …`.

Bests,

Paul