Re: associating -> disconnected

Bill Moseley a écrit :
> I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 a Thinkpad with an
> Atheros AR5418 using the ath9k module.
>
> Now I'm having connection issues as shown in the logs below.  I'm not
> sure if this is a Network Manager issue or a problem with the driver.
> Or if it's the supplicant.

This looks like a driver problem, not related to NM. Temporarily disable NetworkManager (/etc/init.d/NetworkManager stop) and try to reproduce the problem with wpa_supplicant configured "by hand". If you use an insecure WEP connection you even temporarily avoid wpa_supplicant and just type simple "iwconfig" commands.

When I upgraded to 9.04 I noticed that the old ath_pci driver was not the default driver anymore, they seem to have switch to ath5k for my interface (http://madwifi-project.org/). Maybe your hardware was switched too. The old driver is still available though, you can try to revert to it using some blacklist magic in the /etc/modprobe.d directory.

Good luck.