Re: Duplicate MB entries in tray drop-down

--On Sunday, June 14, 2009 13:53:41 +1000 Lorn Potter <lorn potter nokia com> wrote:

> ext Rick Jones wrote:
> >
> > The ZTE has 3 serial ports withiin the USB interface - one is NMEA
> > (don't know what it's for),
>
> That's probably the GPS device. :)
> NMEA is a standard that GPS devices use to communicate.

Well yep, I know that, but as it obviously doesn't have GPS it's a bit odd to provide a GPS port!

But as NMEA is actually a general protocol for marine instruments I suppose it may support some other control function. Never seen anything documented though.

I'd be happier if it just had two ports that worked properly :)

Cheers