Re: NMSupplicantInterface PROP_CONNECTION_STATE not installed

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 09:16 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> How about using the 'scanning' property instead?  That's exactly what
> the 'scanning' property is for, and connection-state doesn't always
> reflect when the supplicant is actually scanning (ie, it won't back down
> from CONNECTED -> SCANNING when it's associated but can't find the AP in
> an unsolicited scan list, but will direct-scan again anyway), which is
> why I added the 'scanning' property and associated patch to
> wpa_supplicant.  Will that do what you need?

I don't know.

I need a "subscribable" way of monitoring "is this interface currently
scanning for networks." I found the function
nm_supplicant_interface_get_scanning() which reflects both the
"scanning" property (which is subscribable, great), and the
"connection-state" property (which only half exists).

If I'm to believe the logic in that function, I need to subscribe to
both "scanning" and "connection-state". The function seems to suggest
that sometimes, priv->scanning will be FALSE even though the connection
state is NM_SUPPLICANT_INTERFACE_CON_STATE_SCANNING.

Thanks,
Daniel