Re: NMSupplicantInterface PROP_CONNECTION_STATE not installed

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 12:07 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 11:26 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The PROP_CONNECTION_STATE property on NMSupplicantInterface
> > (src/supplicant-manager/nm-supplicant-interface.c) seems not to be
> > installed through g_object_class_install_property(), hence is not
> > really usable.
>
> possible patch, compile tested only

How about using the 'scanning' property instead?  That's exactly what
the 'scanning' property is for, and connection-state doesn't always
reflect when the supplicant is actually scanning (ie, it won't back down
from CONNECTED -> SCANNING when it's associated but can't find the AP in
an unsolicited scan list, but will direct-scan again anyway), which is
why I added the 'scanning' property and associated patch to
wpa_supplicant.  Will that do what you need?