Re: nm-connection-editor unable to create system connection, returning "The connection could not be added due to an unknown error."

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 20:52 -0400, Rodney Morris wrote:
> When using nm-connection-editor to add a system connection,
> nm-connection-editor fails create the system connections,  responding
> that "The connection could not be added due to an unknown error."  I
> am using F10 x86_64 and NetworkManager-0.7.1-1.fc10.x86_64.
>
> When run from a terminal window, nm-connection-editor outputs the
> following to the terminal when adding a system connection:
>
> (nm-connection-editor:3174): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance of
> invalid non-instantiatable type
> `(null)'

So the best way to figure this out is to
'gdb /usr/bin/nm-connection-editor', then 'r' to run until you are about
to check the "Available to all users" box.  At that point, Ctrl+C in the
gdb window, and type "break g_log", then "c" to continue.  Then do
whatever you need to do to trigger the bug.  When the breakpoint
triggers, type "bt" to get a backtrace (hit enter if it asks to keep
listing the backtrace), then "c" to continue until the next warning, and
repeat this for each warning until you're sure you've passed these two.
Mail the output from gdb so we can figure out what's going on.

Thanks,
Dan