Re: Headless version for routers...

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 15:49 +0100, Marc Herbert wrote:
> Hooker, Jonathan a écrit :
>
> > Although it stays running in the background, you don't have
> > full control over the software without manually editing config files
> > and restarting NM and even then it can be flaky. NM does not truly
> > have a CLI. This being the case, I would also pose the question, are
> > there any plans to go down the route of providing a CLI that would act
> > as a front-end interface to the already running back-end daemon?
>
> There is an "NM CLI" discussion thread only a couple of weeks old.

There's already Martin's cnetworkmanager, and we'll likely try to start
getting something going using C a bit later this summer.  It's a very
often requested feature, and it's something NM should definitely have.
It makes a lot of sense to have both higher-level language bindings
(cnetworkmanager) and lower-level ones (C-based) so that people can pick
the right tool for the right job.  So yeah, there's progress on this
front.