Headless version for routers...

Hi, I have a need for some powerful dialup logic for use with a router box which will pick the best available network from a 3G datacard, wifi connection, ethernet connection and also offer a dial-on-demand ppp dialup link if nothing else works. (Ideally also the datacard will change priority depending on what network we are roaming too and how fast it's getting a connection)

network-manager looks like a very interesting option for this, although currently it appears to only work in a GUI mode? How's this likely to change going forward?

(Additional problem is that I have so far not been successful getting dbus to build under uclibc...)

Thanks for a heads up on where the project is going with regards to a gui-less version

Thanks

Ed W