Re: success story

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 08:19 -0500, Trey Nolen wrote:
> Sorry for the partial message getting sent out.  Here is the real
> message:
>
> I just wanted to take a minute of your time to relate a success story
> for network manager.  I'm staying at a hotel where they charge for wifi
> (losers), but I have a Samsung i760 on Verizon with the tethering plan.
> When I last used it with my netbook, I had network manager .6. I used a
> PPP dialer to log onto the network.  Now, I have Ubuntu's Netbook Remix
> which is based on Jaunty and it comes with NM .7.   I was thinking that
> I still needed a dialer, and was trying to figure out how to get online
> to download  one.  I went ahead and plugged up my phone, and saw "Auto
> Mobile Broadband CDMA Connection"!  I tried to use it, and it logged on
> but I couldn't surf.  So, I edited the entry, and found the spot for my
> user/pass, etc.  I put that in (fortunately, I knew it), and everything
> just worked!
>
> My wife has a Windoze laptop and she was jealous. I had to download
> Verizon Access Manager using my netbook so we could get her going.  I
> love having the functionality built in.

Awesome, thanks for the rave :)  Good to hear the success stories while
slaving away in the sausage factory :)

TBH though, it's interesting that your configuration required the
username and password.  Do you mind sharing that if it doesn't contain
any personal information?  Sprint doesn't care what they are (they could
be guest/guest), I was under the assumption that Verizon didn't either.