Re: Patch review for connecting to a non-broadcasted SSID

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 04:56 -0800, sanjeev sharma wrote:
> Hi all,Hi Dan,
>
> I've noticed that when I successfully connect to a wireless network
> with a non-broadcasted SSID that the applet reports:
>
> "You are now connected to the wireless network '(none)'."
>
> So find Attached Patch which will resolve  above mentioned Bug.

The patch covers over the problem, but doesn't actually fix the core
issue.  When this happens, NM can't match up SSID, BSSID, and channel
reported from the wifi card itself with an item in the scan list.  We
need to figure out why that is happening.  On Airo cards for example,
there's sometimes a kernel driver bug where the card reports off-by-one
frequency, leading to this issue.  In the case of hidden SSIDs, it may
be that the card isn't reporting the currently connected AP in its scan
list (a driver bug), or isn't delivering correct information in the
scans (like airo, a driver bug), etc.  When this problem occurs, can you
get a dump of "/usr/bin/nm-tool" and mail that to me privately,
indicating what specific AP you want to connect to?