starting up with network manager

Hi people,

I've been using ubuntu for a long time, and I never had to worry about how my network configuration.
I think that the fact that I never had to know about NetworkManager is a great success about it.

I'd like somebody to guide me through the network manager's working.. I read about it using "HAL and dbus" (I don't even know what that means :P).

What I'd like to do is, uninstall network manager from my computer, download the source code and build it for myself. Later, possibly I'll do some coding/bug fixing for it.

Can people help?

Harshath
+91-979-33313-05
--