Re: Prevent auto scan in wireless devices

Dan Williams wrote :

There are always mechanisms to turn off the card if you don't have a
hardware switch; [...]  The third is to mark the
connection as not managed by NetworkManager during the time that you
want the wifi to be "off".

This third possibility looks cool.

It looks like a way to get rid of this scanning thing, at least for the disconnected case; the most important case.

Is this/could this be only one NetworkManager-click away? I mean a button like: "Disable wireless - really" <whining>I do not want to write any more scripts...</whining>

PS: I finally caught up and read all the messages about this problem; I now promise not to spam the list for a while.

--
"What you don't use, you don't pay for" -- C++' zero-overhead principle.