Re: Prevent auto scan in wireless devices

>> Well, not necessarily. With my hardware, turning off background scanning
>> seems enough to save power.

Translating myself: when using ifdown, I do not even need to turn off
the wifi chipset to save power. ifdown is enough to save power, since
it does no background scan.

> Right click the NM applet, uncheck "Enable wireless". When you want to
> connect to something again check it again. Isn't that good enough for
> you?

Like probably every user I did this in the first place. The background
scan power problem it caused is precisely what led me to this thread.