Re: OpenSSH VPN support

Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> writes:

> Neat!  I'll take a look when I've got a bit of time.  The UI bits look
> OK so far, and while I dislike the whole configure script thing it's
> basically necessary for some configs and we can't get away from that.

I'm glad to hear that this plugin seems to make sense.  I had thought
that OpenSSH VPN was too ad-hoc to be supported by NM.

> A few suggestions:
>
> 1) May want to rename "Config script" to "Remote Setup Script"; UIs
> usually shouldn't have any colloquialisms in them like "Config".
>
> 2) Perhaps add the method to the end of the Tunnel Method?  Like
> "Point-to-Point (TUN)" and "Ethernet (TAP)" so that it's clearer for
> people who know how things happen underneath

Thanks, fixed and pushed.

> 3) Is there any way we can figure out what pub/priv keys to use?  When I
> just ssh to a random host, ssh can find the keys I need to use.  Could
> we do that here, and provide the ability to use specific keys as an
> "Advanced" option?

That is indeed possible by scanning ~/.ssh/ and sending pubkeys one by
one until the server accepts one of them.  I will try to implement it.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno