Re: traditional static ip with nm

One issue with static addresses I still have is when u set a static address it loses its address on loss of carrier.  It would be nice if static interfaces could hold their address and maybe lose assigned routes on carrier loss.

On a bright note, I was using ubuntu 8.04 today and I would like to say nm has improved very much since then.  I personally fall guilty of complaining a lot on this list without any graditude!  Thanks nm looking better!