Avoiding 3G roaming costs

Hi,
I recently bought from a Huawei based USB dongle and it seems
NetworkManager works pretty well with it; however I later discovered I
dried out my account's credit (it's a prepaid contract) by attempting
the connection in a place not covered by the network (so the roaming
tariff applied).

I think I've read somewhere newer NM builds should support selecting
the network (so I assume I could avoid the roaming costs by fixing the
network to use) but I can find anything like that in my Fedora 11 nor
in the F12alpha LiveCD I tried. Any hint at where I should look?

TIA

Gianluca

--
Gianluca Sforna