Setting a "user" profile in code?

Hi All,

I found this URL http://osdir.com/ml/networkmanager-list/2009-07/msg00035.html that described how to set up a system level configuration for Network Manager.  It was extremely helpful in getting some code in Qt to do the same thing.   However, now I want to be able to set up the same type of configuration using a user level configuration (for the current user running my program).

I have tried the obvious solution of sending to org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings, but I get an error back that seems to indicate I have violated a rule about who is allowed to create connections for the user profile.  The error is :

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.1160" (uid=1000 pid=16983 comm="/usr/bin/python ./addconn_orig ") interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.System" member="AddConnection" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.27" (uid=1000 pid=3243 comm="nm-applet --sm-disable "))

Is there any way, short of changing the rules, to have another program set up a connection on a stock Ubuntu distro?

Thanks!

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.