Re: Working with a local DNS cache

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Adam Langley<agl imperialviolet org> wrote:
> It appears that I need to make the IP config code asynchronous as a
> first step. I'll start hacking on that.

Please see the commits at http://github.com/agl/NetworkManager/commits/agl

(is that a good way to post patches? If not, what would folks prefer?)

I did a couple of refactoring commits ([1][2]) which just make it
easier to add a DBus call in the right place. Then the 3rd commit[3]
adds support for org.chromium.local-dns-cache. As you mentioned, we
probably want to use the dnsmasq interface[4], it's just that I happen
to have a caching server which implements org.chromium.local-dns-cache
and so I used that for testing. If/when you're happy with the code
I'll spin up dnsmasq and make sure it works with that.

I'm not really familiar with glib coding styles so please forgive and
correct any incorrect mannerisms.

Cheers

AGL

[1] http://github.com/agl/NetworkManager/commit/2f594fc2b66b9328cb669ce1cccb3bd8a0042260