Re: (missing) pre-up and pre-down

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 12:43 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 01:50 +0100, Graham Lyon wrote:
> > Perhaps when a connection drops unexpectedly the pre-down scripts
> > should be run with an argument of some kind to inform them that the
> > interface has already dropped? That way they can clean up the mess
> > that's created but avoid any action that requires the interface to
> > still be up...
>
> That was my thinking too, and probably the right thing to do.

Isn't that basically the same as a post-down script then? Even with such
a flag, running the pre-down scripts after the connection has already
gone down seems wrong...

Seems to me that the way to handle pre-down scripts is with the very
clear statement that they're run only on a manual disconnection, that
being the only circumstance where NM (or any other hypothetical system)
knows the connection is about to be dropped...

Simon.