Re: Second message, about not being able to activate 'wlan1'

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 17:03 -0400, John Mahoney wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 4:54 PM, derek starr <dereklinux gmail com>
> wrote:
>         To Rui Tiago Cação Matos,
>
>         I have been busy with other matters, so I have not had a
>         chance to respond to your answer regarding my problem of not
>         being able to activate 'wlan1' with the GNOME NetworkManager,
>         using the 'Fedora 11' Linux distribution.
>
>         You said of the files below:
>         'less /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices':
>         > drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-07-27 08:42 ./
>         > drwxr-xr-x. 4 root root 4096 2009-04-14 07:25 ../
>         > -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  153 2009-07-27 08:47 ifcfg-eth0
>         > -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  198 2009-07-27 08:47 ifcfg-wlan1
>         > -rw-------. 1 root root    5 2009-07-27 08:47 keys-wlan1
>
>         "Try to delete (or move away) all those 3 files. Then reboot
>         your
>         system and click the network icon on the gnome-panel (top
>         right screen
>         corner by default)."
>

> These are Distro configs that NM tries to make sense of.  I do not
> believe they can be deleted through the GUI.  Check this recent post
> for info:

They should be able to be deleted, as long as you can authenticate as
'root' via PolicyKit.  The ifcfg-rh backend supports deletion of system
connections via the GUI.  You'll find these in the connection editor
(/usr/bin/nm-connection-editor) with names like "System eth0" and such.

Dan