Re: Network Manager does not find system wide connections (maybe found the reason)

On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 01:02 +0200, Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> I just got a little further with the problem and might have found a
> reason:
>

> I was wondering why the function get_connections() in the keyfile plugin
> was never called.
>
> I put some debugging code in the load_connections() function in
> system-settings/src/dbus-settings.c
>

> It shows:
>

> load_connections() is called several times.
>
> It's call for the first time, and the Ifupdown plugin gets called and
> initalized,
> and its get_connections() called.

But at the same time as ifupdown gets loaded, keyfile should also get
loaded if I'm not mistaken.  At the time load_connections() gets called,
the command line/config file will have been parsed, and all plugins will
have been registered.

> Then, later, load_connections() is called again, but does terminate due
> to this code:
>

>     if (priv->connections_loaded)
>         return;
>

> And then, after that, the   keyfile plugin is loaded. But then, because
> of this code, load_connections does not call get_connections anymore.

That doesn't make sense, because the keyfile plugin gets loaded at the
same time as the ifupdown plugin.  priv->plugins gets set up in
nm_sysconfig_settings_add_plugin(), which is called from
main.c::load_plugins(), which is called once after reading the config
file or command line.

Dan