Fedora 10 fine but Fedora 12 not so fine

Hello all,

Thanks for the the wonderful NetworkManager.

I have a CDMA modem that I got working in Fedora 10. I used to modprobe usbserial with the vendor and product id.

On Fedora 11, I still do the same however, the device is recognized as ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2.

When I attempt to add a new Mobile Broadband connection the device selection box id greyed out with a default of "Any Device". How do I tell NetworkManager 0.7.1 that it should use /dev/ttyUSB0 for modem device?

I see the following in dmesg,
Aug  2 13:50:43 localhost kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver
usbserial_generic
Aug 2 13:50:43 localhost kernel: usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
Aug 2 13:50:44 localhost NetworkManager: <info> (ttyUSB0): ignoring due to
lack of mobile broadband capabilties
Aug 2 13:50:44 localhost NetworkManager: <info> (ttyUSB2): ignoring due to
lack of mobile broadband capabilties
Aug 2 13:50:44 localhost NetworkManager: <info> (ttyUSB1): ignoring due to
lack of mobile broadband capabilties

This modem worked in F10 and all I need to do is tell NM in F11 to use this device but the F11 interface prevents me from doing so.
I was getting the same messages in F10 as well but the NM (NM 0.7.0?) interface allowed us to select/specify the device.

Steve