Re: Network Manager does not find system wide connections

Brian Morrison wrote:

>> The whole point of Linux is that it is not magic;
>> you are meant to be able to work out what is going on.

> There is a complex interaction between NM, dbus and various other
> things like udev, hal (becoming deprecated), PolicyKit etc. All of
> these packages do something different but in a way that isn't always
> clear.
>
> If anyone has any bright ideas about how to describe their interaction
> in a clear and simple manner please go ahead. I have not managed to
> work it out completely, so I suppose I should feel lucky that NM works
> for me.

You clearly have a pretty good idea of how NM works.
If you, or someone like you, could just pen a short account
that would be immensely helpful.
If there were mistakes they could quickly be corrected.

I would love to know, for example, which files NM looks at,
or which files one can usefully change.
I just get hints from time to time in various postings
but there doesn't seem to be anything written down.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net