Re: more than one default gw route

That would be required to have your computer persist active connections from the old interface to the new interface. Eventually, the connections will timeout and restart. Your also assuming both connections have mac addresses, this is not always the case with cell modems using ppp, which would be where fail over truly becomes very useful.  It would be nice to have a data card always on, but only used as a last resort.

--
John