Re: more than one default gw route

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 17:47 +0200, Nicolò Chieffo wrote:
> So do you confirm that having more that one default route to gateway
> (at the same time) will break things down?

Oh, it won't break things down at all.  But the first default route in
the routing table will be the one that gets used for new outgoing
connections.  So it's pretty pointless to have more than one at a time.
Only one can truly the be the "default" route, and if you have more than
one, the lower-priority ones are more or less ignored by the kernel
entirely.

Dan