Re: Release: 0.7.1

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 16:49 +0200, Cyril Jaquier wrote:

> I want more user-configurable settings for the vpnc plugin. Like
> --vendor and --pfs. So I could finally connect to Netscreen/Juniper
> firewalls as I used to do with NM 0.6.
>
> My current workaround: recompile vpnc with netscreen as default vendor
> and dh2 for PFS.

It looks like PFS is already supported -- you'd need to use gconf-editor
to create a string key containing whatever value you wanted, named
"/system/networking/connections/NN/vpn/Perfect Forward Secrecy".

The only problem with that is that you aren't allowed to create keys
with spaces in the names, so you _can't_ create a key which makes use of
the existing support. I suspect that option hasn't been used for a
while.

You might need to make the valid_properties table in nm-vpnc-service.c
provide a second string containing the option to put into the config
file, and then it can differ from the name of the gconf key.

After that it should be easy enough for you to fix the PFS option and
add a vendor option, at least so you can set them manually with
gconf-editor. Extending the GUI to allow you to set those options
shouldn't be _so_ hard, either...

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation